As of August 3, 2019, the way to call in Mexico will be different . The prefixes for local cell phones 044, national cell phones 045 and long distance 01 will be eliminated throughout Mexico.
Now the way to dial in Mexico will be 10 digits regardless of whether you are going to call local numbers, local or national cell phones or anywhere inside or outside the country. With this, all the lada codes are eliminated and they will be integrated into the 10-digit numbers.
The Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) announced the implementation of the new Fundamental Technical Plan for Numbering and Signaling and the modification to the Number Portability Rules, the changes imply:
- The 01 prefix will be eliminated for calls to non-geographic numbers and national long distance calls.
- The 044 prefix will no longer be used for calls from landlines to national mobile numbers.
- The use of the 045 prefix will be canceled for national long distance calls from fixed lines to national mobile numbers. The modality will be called “The caller pays national”.
- For incoming international calls, the prefix 1 to national numbers will no longer be used.
This change will bring new advantages for users and the industry in general, presenting these benefits and scopes:
- Implement a uniform 10-digit dialing nationwide.
- Guarantee the availability of numbering to all telecommunications service providers.
- Simplify and standardize dialing procedures in Mexico.
- Carry out a more efficient administration and allocation of numerical resources.
- Simplify the applicable procedures and implement electronic procedures.
- To make the interconnection through the internet protocol (IP) it will be mandatory to use the SIP session initiation protocol.
- Allows more efficient management of signaling resources.
And how is this going to affect my company?
The biggest problem: The raters!
By standardizing all 10-digit dialing, the billing companies that previously identified your type of call to consolidate your spending did so by identifying the prefixes. Now without a prefix, it is likely that you will have to update your rate so that you can continue identifying your calls and expenses. Likewise, if you had blocked and limiting prefixes per user, where they could not call a cell phone or long distance, with the new dialing the previous blocks become undetectable.
To solve these problems and prevent them in the future, it is important that you have a provider that is a partner of the best brands and that is constantly updating its services and software, in such a way that you always have your configuration and your pricing in order regardless of the change. in regulation.