A Bachelor of Arts in Accounting is a great way for students to prepare for a plethora of financial careers. Earning this degree allows potential candidates to form and examine business statements, thereby ensuring that taxes are paid correctly and timely and that records are accurate. You will become competent enough to run successful businesses, a quality that recruiters hunt for. Read through this blog to find out how qualifying for a BA in accounting and finance degree paves way for graduates to step into a world of unlimited possibilities.
The coursework for accounting is structured around the fundamentals of business and finance. Students can earn a good grounding on the concepts related to supply-chain operations, personal and business finance, preparation of financial statements and financial auditing.
What are some of the potential industries to look out for?
The Bachelor of Accounting degree carry some of the most talked-about beneficial attributes. Be it its relation to a vast industry with expanded growth to finding work opportunities in the metropolitan areas. Let stake a look at a few of the highest paying industries that engage in accounting.
- Investment banks
- Exterminating and pest control services
- Federal government or the national postal service
- The private sector for independent artists, writers, and performers
- Video industries and motion picture
Careers in Accounting in brief requires professionals to work an average of 30 hours a week. A higher per cent of graduates can find full-time employment or enrolled in higher academics. The best chance of landing the dream job of an accountant is to gain relevant job experience and build a shining resume.
What are the entry-level hob positions that you can apply for right after graduation?
- Bookkeeper – Their day-to-day job includes filling out the tax forms for individuals or a company. They work closely with a CPA or even may work alone or with an assistant. Their primary focus is to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and managing employee commissions and payroll.
- Auditing Clerk – They verifying records posted by other workers, updates and maintains accounting records, and checking documents and figures to ensure they are coded accurately. These professionals also look upon any error for future proceedings.
- Accounting Clerk – Experts as these are in charge of the company’s accounts, including accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, or purchasing. They are responsible for keeping track of the transactions that occur within their client’s accounts.
- Accounting Assistant – They direct and oversee accounting functions related to payroll, general accounting, and cost accounting.
You know what? According to data published in the Occupational Outlook Handbook of the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, the high median annual salary for accountants has ranked this subject 6th for Best Business Jobs. The U.S. News and World Report also state that a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting can provide a clear vision with job security, career path, prestige, and enhanced growth potential. Choose the best for your academic career and apply to the undergraduate programme in accounting now!